PROMOTERS AND TERMS OF ENTRY
- The promoters of the Le Mans Esports Series (including all online events) are Automobile club de l’Ouest (ACO), World Endurance Championship (WEC) and Motorsport Network.
- All drivers (and, additionally, in the case of any driver under the Eligible Age, his/her parent or guardian) who participate and/or attend an “Onsite Event” will be required to accept:
a. the Terms and Conditions (to the extent they apply to a particular driver/Team);
b. an acknowledgement that Onsite Events will be filmed and that the Organization and its partners will be entitled to use and exploit footage of the Le Mans Esports Series in its discretion;
c. agreeing to participate in publicity and media activities relating to the Le Mans Esports Series; and
d. consenting to Le Mans Esports Series and its partners using the qualifying Team/driver’s name, voice, image, slogan, likeness, photographs, images (still and moving), biography, statistics and performance in the Le Mans Esports Series and assigning any intellectual property created during the Le Mans Esports Series (as the case may be).
- All drivers must meet all requirements in this Section in their entirety to be eligible to participate in the Le Mans Esports Series.
- Any driver who does not meet such requirements shall be deemed ineligible and will be removed from the Le Mans Esports Series unless and until such time as Le Mans Esports Series is satisfied that all eligibility criteria has been met. drivers agree that LMES Organization can investigate and take such other action as it may reasonably require in determining eligibility.
- The Le Mans Esports Series is open to residents of all countries where the Game and/or the Le Mans Esports Series is not prohibited or unlawful (each driver to satisfy themselves as to whether this condition is met) except:
b. employees and agents of Le Mans Esports Series and/or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/promotion agencies
c. anyone involved in and/or connected to the organisation and running of the Le Mans Esports Series and/or the Game in any way; and
d. the immediate family members of any of the persons set forth in (b) or (c) above (and for these purposes ‘immediate family members’ shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses).
- A driver is only eligible to participate in the Qualifiers if they have:
a. An Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, or suitable Windows PC
b. Xbox Live Gold Membership
c. A copy of the Game (updated to the latest version of the Game publicly available on the relevant platform at the time they participate in the Online Qualification); and
d. an Internet connection.
- Drivers are responsible for their own hardware and internet connection (which is recommended to be a minimum of 3 MB/s download, a ping of at least 150 to the local server. Any event held in the Le Mans Esports Series will not be rescheduled due to technical issues other than the game itself, its servers, or the Le Mans Esports Series platform.
- A driver is not eligible to qualify directly and enter into a “LMES Sponsored Team” if they are bound to any contract or agreement which prevents them from honouring a contract, with a LMES Sponsored Team for the 2019 Le Mans Esports Series Super Final (and beyond if requested by such Team), including all activity such Team may reasonably demand regarding the Le Mans Esports Series or otherwise.
- In registering to participate in the Le Mans Esports Series, each driver confirms that he/she:
b. fully and unconditionally agrees to and undertakes to comply with this Master Rulebook (and all other agreements, rules and policies referred to in this Master Rulebook) and any instruction of Le Mans Esports Series (and/or its nominee) in relation to the Competition and/or Le Mans Esports Series; and
c. accepts that decisions of LMES Organization regarding all matters relating to the Le Mans Esports Series and/or Competition are final and binding.
- If a driver is aged under eighteen (18) years of age or such higher majority in any relevant jurisdiction in respect of any applicable law or regulation (the ‘Eligible Age’) at the time of registration, he/she agrees that this document applies and has been complied with.
- A driver is not eligible to enter the Le Mans Esports Series if they are under sixteen (16) years of age at the point of registering for an account on the Website.
- If a driver is minor at the time of his/her registration, he or she must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter the Le Mans Esports Series and claim any prize. LMES Organization may ask any driver to provide proof of age at and/or any relevant consent any time.
- In providing parental or guardian consent in accordance with this document, such parent or guardian acknowledges that he or she has read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
- If a driver is under the Eligible Age at the time of the Pro Draft and/or Pro Series (as the case may be) and such driver qualifies to participate in the Pro Draft and/or Pro Series, their parent/guardian must travel with the driver and physically accompany them to, and at, the relevant event(s).
By entering the Le Mans Esports Series in whatever manner, each driver agrees that any personal information provided by a driver shall be:
- Used by LMES Organization and their respective agents and suppliers to administer the Le Mans Esports Series, send out prizes and to enable LMES Organization to promote the Le Mans Esports Series in any media (including, without limitation, television and online broadcast, publishing channels and on Le Mans Esports Series’s and its partners’ social media pages) and in any other manner to which a driver has expressly consented to;
- Passed on to any Le Mans Esports Series Partner in a manner to which a driver has consented to and used for any additional activities that you have consented to, for example, if a driver has agreed that Le Mans Esports Series Partners can contact them, then their data will also be used in accordance with such consents; and
- Shared with Teams and organisations involved in Le Mans Esports Series, of course only in the manner a driver has consented to.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Le Mans Esports Series and no payment is required from drivers to enter. Only entries received in accordance with the Terms and Conditions will be accepted.
- To enter the Qualifiers, each driver must create an online account on the Le Mans Esports Series platform. There is no charge to register for use of the Website.
- During the registration process, each driver will be asked to select a username and password and to provide his/her name, email address, nationality and date of birth and, and input their respective Xbox Live Gamertag. Any personal information which the drivers submit will be controlled and used in accordance with this document.
- LMES Organization reserves the right to refuse a “driver name” that LMES Organization in its sole opinion determines is inappropriate, offensive or does not otherwise comply with the Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, LMES Organization reserves the right to delete the account of a driver who breaches this requirement without notice. Any such decision to do so by LMES Organization is final.
- Entries correctly submitted via the Website will result in an acceptance message on the Website confirming their entry.
- Following successful registration (taking into consideration this Master Rulebook, in particular eligibility and time period for participation), each driver must sign in to the Website and register their relevant device/console (that complies with Section 3.4 above) so that they are ready to participate when the General Online Qualification Period (as defined below) opens. drivers shall then be able to participate in General Online Qualification.
- LMES Organization, nor any of their employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for:
a. any actions to be taken using a driver’s password (and the driver is responsible for the safety and security of his/her password);
b. any entries which are delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
c. lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
- Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Le Mans Esports Series and will not be acknowledged or returned. Le Mans Esports Series database record of the entry will be considered to be the official entry. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorised account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant to the Le Mans Esports Series (and this will be used to match the registration of the device/console on the Website).
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
By registering (if applicable) and participating in the Le Mans Esports Series, drivers and teams agree and consent to the use and reproduction by or on behalf of LMES Organization of their name, voice, still and moving (including photographic) images and/or comments relating to the Le Mans Esports Series without limitation for such promotional, merchandising, marketing and publicity purposes of Le Mans Esports Series in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid to them and further agree to take part in such media, marketing and publicity requirements of LMES Organization relating to the Le Mans Esports Series (acting reasonably).
Drivers and teams shall not do or permit anything to be done which might adversely affect any of Le Mans Esports Series commercial rights or the value of the commercial rights and shall not be entitled to exploit any commercial or other agreement (including the endorsement and/or promotion of a competitor’s products or services,) other than as agreed with LMES Organization.
Stages of the Le Mans Esports Series will be filmed and broadcast and each driver acknowledges and agrees that LMES Organization shall be entitled to use any such footage in its discretion.
Drivers and teams agree to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on the Le Mans Esports Series in all respects.
Driver Names and/or Gamertags may not contain: obscene or suggestive language, corporation, company, sponsor, product, or services names, any material which infringes a third party’s rights, or which Administration feels may cause confusion during gameplay.
LMES Organization reserves the right to restrict or change driver names and Gamertags for any reason. A driver’s name is not permitted to change throughout the Competition unless explicitly approved by the LMES Organization. LMES Organization could refer to drivers with their full names.
LMES Organization reserves the right to broadcast any qualifying session or race of Le Mans Esports Series including online and offline play. Drivers cannot refuse broadcasts authorised by LMES Organization. Each Participant acknowledges that LMES Organization shall be entitled to use any such footage in its discretion.
LMES Organization reserves the right to reschedule any qualifying session or race of the Le Mans Esports Series to accommodate a specific broadcast time. Drivers cannot refuse to this reschedule. Refusing to allow LMES Organization to broadcast or reschedule any qualifying session or race may result in a penalty.
Participants may be required to participate in publicity and media activity related to the Le Mans Esports Series and by taking part, they agree to do so as requested by LMES Organization.
Each Participant consents to the use by LMES Organization and related companies, and their licensees for an unlimited time, of the relevant Participant’s name, voice, image, slogan, likeness, biography, statistics and performance in the Le Mans Esports Series and still and moving images of the Participant without additional compensation or prior notice.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
LMES Organization accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with any prizes or a driver’s or a team’s participation in the Le Mans Esports Series that are not expressly stated to be its responsibility.
Additionally, each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on their income.
LMES Organization accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by a driver as a result of participating in the Le Mans Esports Series or accepting any prize. LMES Organization further disclaims any liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s devices relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Le Mans Esports Series save to the extent that (1) death or personal injury is caused by LMES Organization’s negligence; (2) such liability arises from fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (3) for any other reason or by any cause which cannot be excluded by law.
LMES Organization shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to the Le Mans Esports Series where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
GOVERNING LAW AND LOCATION
The Le Mans Esports Series 2018-2019 Super Season is operated by Le Mans Esports Series in the UK under English law and, to the extent permitted by law, any legal disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Regardless of this, Drivers may have statutory and/or consumer rights where they live which may apply and Drivers’ local law may apply in some circumstances.